Search my blog

Custom Search

Contact me

koolraj003@gmail.com

Saturday, May 18, 2019

CWG mule

Now, first the question comes: what is a mule?
A mule is a cross breed of a horse and a donkey.

In coins, a mule is a coin with the obverse of one coin and a reverse of another. Usually such coins are scarce to rare and command a premium over normal coins and may also be qualified as an error coin.


Usually the mule coins can only be spotted with a trained eye. In republic India , the mules are like lion variants with a different type of lion from another coin.

Eg. the water for life type B lion.

We also have a variant in which we have different borders on two sides of the coin. Eg. the jagad guru copper nickel mule coin has a dotted border on one side and no border on the other side.


But what I am talking about here is something different. In the common wealth games mule, it so happened that we got the lion from a definitive coin on one side and the commonwealth games symbol on the other side. So, voila! There is no denomination in this coin.


At first sight this seems like a fantastic and fake mashup of different coins, but I assure you this coin is very much real and I can even show it to you if you happen to visit my place in Delhi. 

Part of my collection.


commonwealth games mule without denomination

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I used to read this blog waaay back in 2013 when I was in school, if you're planning on starting again, that would be awesome buddy! Cheers mate, really look forward to more posts here again 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My collection is really slow now, I try to collect only quality items. Will try to do weekly post from here on.

      Delete