Search my blog

Custom Search

Contact me

koolraj003@gmail.com

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Jaora state coppers

Jaora was a subordinate state of Indore state and was made an independent state in 1818. 
It was founded by Abdul Ghafur Mohammad Khan who was the first Nawab of Jaora.



Jaora 1 paisa
jaora-1paisa


I haven't posted in a long time, so I thought I would post a nice item. Here is the Jaora state 1 paisa. Obverse reads his highness the Nawab of Jaora 1893, and within the circle we can read "sarkar jaora zarb", with Zarb meaning mint.

The Reverse reads sarkar Jaora, with the date at the bottom and In the circle, we can see "ek paisa": the denomination, Flag of Jaora and Hijri Date 1310.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving us wonderful information about Jabra state coppers. Your blog is very useful for people who want to know about historical coins.
    Visit my website also:

    Coins of India

    ReplyDelete